This course is designed to lead students to an intermediate proficiency of the Spanish language and the Spanish-speaking world. It is designed to align with the five Cs of teaching a foreign language: communication, culture, connections, comparisons and communities.
- Instill an appreciation for the diversity of culture and language in God’s people.
- Give students the ability to understand, speak and write Spanish at an intermediate level.
- Give students the ability to apply grammar to another language and build sentences and meaning using these tools in Spanish.
- Introduce students to many of the Spanish-speaking countries, with an emphasis on cultural and geographical differences and similarities.
- Prepare students to be able to take Spanish in college and further their ability to speak, understand, and write Spanish.
- Provide more opportunities for students in the future marketplace and mission field by giving them the ability to communicate with Spanish-speaking people.